The Costa Blanca / the White Coast is the tourist designation of the coastline of the Province of Alicante. White does not refer to the sand, but to the white houses. It is about 200 km long and stretches from Denia in the north to Pilar de la Horadada in the south. It runs along the east coast of the Spanish Mediterranean.
Climate Change & Climate Protection Costa Blanca
The Costa Blanca is located in a region of Spain that is particularly gifted in terms of landscape and climate. In the south, bordering the Province of Valencia, it belongs together with the northern Province of Castellon to the Independent Valencian Community. The coastal city of Alicante is the capital. But the Costa Blanca is mainly known for its skyscraper city and tourist metropolis Benidorm, famous and partly also notorious.
Photographic credits with mouse over the image:
Tourism at the Costa Blanca
Although it was certainly not planned this way, from today's point of view it was quite clever to concentrate the package tourism this way. Thus, there is only one metropolis at the coast. It has skyscraper hotels of enormous capacity. Its skyline in the glistening sun captivates every viewer.
And Benidorm offers everything a tourist's heart desires. Bars, restaurants, shops, beaches, water sports, nightlife and leisure attractions. Most other coastal towns have limited building heights. Therefore, they still look Mediterranean and unspoilt today. Almost all of them have a picturesque old town. The architecture is Moorish and gives you an immediate holiday feeling. So the Costa Blanca offers everything. Hustle and bustle and nightlife in Benidorm and atmospheric beaches and places along the entire coast.
The Coastal Counties
Of the nine counties in the Province of Alicante, five are located on the Costa Blanca. (Sorted from North to South)
Larger coastal towns
In the Province of Alicante there are 140 municipalities (here in the altea.me directory GeoDirectory Province of Alicante) and cities with their own town hall or at least with a municipal administration. Below is a list of the 16 major towns and cities on the Costa Blanca. The infrastructure for the gastronomy, holiday accommodations & hotels and the beaches is well developed and available in all classes. (sorted from north to south)
- Denia / Dénia (Marina Alta)
- Jávea / Xàbia (Marina Alta)
- Benitachell – Coast part – Cumbre del Sol (Marina Alta)
- Moraira (Marina Alta)
- Benissa (Marina Alta
- Calp (Marina Alta)
- Altea (Marina Baja / Baixa)
- Benidorm (Marina Baja / Baixa)
- Calpe / Calp (Marina Baja / Baixa)
- Villajoyosa / La Vila Joiosa (Marina Baja / Baixa)
- Alicante / Alacant (Campo de Alicante / Alacant)
- Elche / Elx (Campo de Alicante / Alacant)
- Orihuela / Oriola (Vinalopó Bajo)
- Torrevieja (Vega Baja del Segura)
- Guardamar del Segura (Vega Baja del Segura)
- Pilar de la Horadada (Vega Baja del Segura)
Links to the coastal districts
Vega Baja – Information for Travel & Holiday
Coastal district Costa Blanca – far to the south
Ca. 280.000 Residents – Capital Orihuela (Wikipedia Link)
Vinalopó Bajo – Information for Travel & Holiday
Coastal district in the south of the Costa Blanca
Ca. 290.000 Residents – Capital Elche / Elx (Wikipedia Link)
Campo de Alicante – Information for Travel & Holiday
Coastal city district & provincial capital Costa Blanca
Ca. 480.000 Residents – Capital Alicante (Wikipedia Link)
Marina Baja / Baixa – Information for Travel & Holiday
Coastal district on the Costa Blanca (Benidorm)
Ca. 147.000 Residents – Capital Villajoyosa / Vila Joiosa (Wikipedia Link)
Marina Alta – Information for Travel & Holiday
northernmost coastal district of the Costa Blanca
Ca. 154.000 Residents – Capital Denia (Wikipedia Link)
More articles Province of Alicante and Valencian Community.
Here you can find independent articles with information for travel and holidays in the Valencian Community and its southernmost Province of Alicante.
All Counties of the Province of Alicante
Information for Travel & Holiday
- Vega Baja del Segura. Coastal district on the Costa Blanca. In the south to Pilar de la Horadada
- Vinalopó Bajo. Coastal county on the Costa Blanca. North of Vega Baja.
- Vinalopó Alto and Vinalopó Medio continue the Vinalopó region. In the inland and in the mountains.
- Campo de Alicante. Coastal county on the Costa Blanca. City & county provincial capital Alicante.
- Hoya de Alcoy. Mountain region inland of the Campo de Alicante. With the Sub Comarca Hoya de Castalla.
- Marina Baja / Baixa. Coastal district. North of Campo de Alicante. Tourist capital Benidorm.
- Condado de Cocentaina / Comtat. The interior mountain region of the coast Comarcas Marina Baja / Alta
- Marina Alta – Coastal district. In the north on the border with the Province of Valencia, capital Denia.
Climate Change & Protection Costa Blanca
I personally support the concerns and the approach of Extinction Rebellion & Fridays for Future. Link to Extinction Rebellion Spain. Without our support our kids can hardly win their fight for a future worth surviving. So get out of the lethargy and boredom. Here is a detailed article about the climate change Costa Blanca and what you can do against it. 2 Wikipedia links to Extinction Rebellion and Fridays for Future. Good luck – Mark